Your carpet plays a major role in how appealing your business looks. Employees will enjoy seeing a beautiful carpet every day and your customers will feel welcome.
Buying a new carpet is not an easy task. You need to familiarize yourself with a few points and features. We take delight in all our business clients ordering commercial and industrial carpets in our Montreal carpet store. Here are some points that should help you in your search.
Investing in carpeting for your business has perks
When it comes to choosing wall-to-wall carpet for your interior, there is a lot of information available to guide you through the process, including what to look for based on your needs and budget. But this is not necessarily the case when choosing carpeting for a business.
You may be tempted to choose one of the cheaper carpeting options you find, but keep in mind that cheaper designs will certainly wear out faster than high quality commercial carpeting.
In the long run, changing carpeting frequently will become expensive. And a poorly maintained carpet can also damage your company’s image if you have visitors or make it less pleasant for employees to come to work.
If you prefer to measure your investment, you might want to consider vinyl flooring, which can be a good alternative for commercial floors.
Think about traffic on your carpeting
The amount of traffic on your commercial carpet will have a big impact on what kind of carpeting is best. Will only people walk on your carpet, or will there be some vehicles such as carts that may drive over it?
Many people come and go on commercial premises and chances are that employee and customer foot traffic will number in the thousands on a daily basis. If you want to avoid having to replace your carpet after a year or two, it only makes sense to choose a durable model of heavy-duty carpeting.
Find out how your carpeting was designed to ensure it stays in good condition in a busy environment.
Choose a carpet with good manufacturing quality
Quality is key and the manufacturing of the carpet is important. Here are some important points when looking for a commercial carpet.
This is the amount of fabric used to make the carpet. It is usually measured in ounces per square foot. Typically, commercial carpets have a weight of 16 to 40 ounces of fabric per square foot.
Density is determined by the way the fabric is woven. Some carpets have a tight weave with short yarns, while others have long yarns that are loosely pulled together. The density of a carpet determines its ability to withstand traffic and wear over the years. The tighter the weave, the more durable your commercial carpet is likely to be.
The type of fiber
The type of fiber that commercial carpet is made of is an important factor in its quality. Different fibers have very specific characteristics, and some types of fiber work better in certain situations than others.
Common synthetic fibers are nylon, polyester and polypropylene. They are known for their strength. Natural carpet fibers, such as wool, are less commonly used in business premises. While wool is very durable, it is also more expensive than other materials to cover a large area, and is heavy, which can make it more difficult to install.
Choosing your carpet’s aesthetic
For decades, business owners were limited in their carpet choices. Today, the options are virtually unlimited.
You now have the ability to choose from endless amounts of colours and patterns.
- Carpet colour: The first step in determining the best colour is whether you want a light or dark floor. You need to consider the mood you want to set within your premises. A law firm will prefer a sober and professional colour, while entrepreneurs who want a fun environment will choose a bright or warm colour.
- Pattern: The design of the carpet is more important than you think. A general rule in business is to not choose rugs that are too distracting. But the most important thing is to find a pattern that suits the mood you want to set for your company.
Other factors when choosing commercial carpeting
Choosing the right type of high quality carpet for your space is essential.
- Ease of maintenance and cleaning should be an important consideration if the workspace is exposed to moisture.
- For example, areas where chairs need to roll easily are best suited to short pile carpeting.
- Also, consider the amount of light. If you want a dark carpet because it will be less messy or better suited to your mood, make sure the room(s) have enough light to accommodate it. Your business should promote a healthy environment and light and colour are very important.
To make the right choice, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of business do you have? Medical? Industrial? Food industry? Retail?
- What is the atmosphere like? Professional? Casual?
- How much traffic does the floor receive in a day?
- Will the flooring be exposed to chemicals, liquids or food?
Finding the answers to these questions should help guide you in your search. And if you’re afraid of making a mistake, expert help is certainly welcome. Professionals will be able to help you design custom wall-to-wall carpeting.
Choose Tapis André Viau for custom commercial carpeting
It can be difficult to find the carpet that will perfectly suit the aesthetics of your premises. Yet it’s crucial: it affects the image employees and customers have of your company, and the overall atmosphere of the workplace.
That’s why it’s a good idea to go directly to a specialized store to make sure you choose the right carpet or rug for your premises.
Tapis André Viau welcomes you to our boutique located in Montreal. You can contact us or call us at 514 381-4288 to receive advice based on your needs and budget.